Monday 30 July 2012

New Sunglasses

Now please excuse the myspace style pictures........!

The past two weekends I've been away at shows. It's been so much fun, thankfully the british weather has done a very nice job of actually being sunny and warm for the most part. And it has allowed me to indulge one of my loves a little. I love vintage, retro, pin up, rockabilly, what-ever-you-want-to-call-it, (but particularly mid 50s to early 60s) style sunglasses...they top off any out fit, I'm the same with earrings and I think part of it must stem from the fact, that with size 7 - 8 feet, vintage shoes are just never really going to happen for me! I've managed to get not one, but TWO beautiful new pairs.

The first is great becuase I find darker pairs can go with so much. And the great thing for you is, they're not vintage. The fantastic Bow & Crossbones now have a range of really good repro eye wear, and you can buy them here. I'm wearing Velma in this myspace-esque profile pic! I got these at the Shakedown the other week.



I've just got back from the Hotrod Hayride, and there I managed to pick up these beauties......now before I show you I need to say, I'd tried to buy a pair like these back in January (yes I know, hardly the time to buy and wear sunglasses!) but I feel in love with them. They were beautiful, and on eBay for Buy It Now £45, I offered £35 and was completely surprised that the seller accepted. But then they got lost in the post....now it was probably the world doing me a favour since I couldn't really afford them any way. The seller was great and refunded me straight away, I was however really disappointed.
Then I wandered over to the Dolly Cool and Clumsy stand at the Hayride to see Clare and Kate who run the two respectively. Only to find Clare had a pair just like the ones which got lost....for £25, and even better was happy to trade! Plus where as the ones I was looking at before were more on the yellow side....these match my hair! (I'm even getting over excited writing this!) What you sadly can't see in these photo's in that they are glittery.... I LOVE them! So before you go and check out both of these talented ladies (and you really should), here are The Glasses....what do you think?



Hair flower from Bow & Crossbones too.





No comments:

Post a Comment